Friday, April 10, 2009

spring has sprung



Spring is upon us in her full glory with blooming trees, wild weather and... and...BABIES! The garden is going in and the world is turning a vibrant green here. It is also the time of year that we burn off all the brush piles around the place. Burning may look alot like work but i have to admit it is one type of work that i really enjoy and the forest loves it. So does Forrest! He got to see his first burn pile yesterday. He didn't cry so i figure he must have liked it. I'll bet he just can't wait to be big enough to help me burn. Forrest wakes up by six am and squalls until i put him in his rocking swing in front of our giant picture windows to watch the sun come up. I think it is a bit early to get up when there is no fishing involved, but at least it gives me some nice quiet time. A leisurely cup of coffee and some unhurried computer play time is a luxury that I haven't given myself much of until now, thanks Forrest!

No comments:

Post a Comment